Came across this neat tag on Sian’s blog “Peace, love and Coconut oil” It’s Friday, I’m in between books and totally procrastinating, so what better way to waste my time! 🙂
- Do you have a specific place for reading? – Nope, I read everywhere and any time I have free moment. It also helps that my Kobo fits into my bag perfectly (a little girly bag, *gasps*) and I have the Kindle app on my super smart phone meaning I always have a book somewhere.
- Bookmarks or a random piece of paper? – I use the Joker card from the card pack and when reading multiple books I use the grocery shopping receipts! I know, super boring and fugly!
- Can you just stop anywhere or do you need to finish a chapter?- I try to finish with a chapter, but it’s not unusual for me to stop halfways through a thought. That’s due to reading until the last moment possible. And I don’t mind, really.
- Do you eat or drink while reading?- Always. The one-handed bookhandling while the other is stuffing junk into face? I’m a pro.
- Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?- Mickey Mouse comic books and following the footsteps of my father and sister. I was generally a quiet child anyway and having really old books in the shelves was a bit of a catalyst- I just had to get my hands on them. I also wrote about my reading memories here.
- Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?- If a book is really really good I focus fully on that single book. I generally read a few at a time- one on Kobo, one on Kindle and a paperback.
- What is your favourite genre?- You know, I don’t have one. I really don’t. I get easily bored and fed up if I read books in the same genre one after the other because, let’s be honest, the plots do become old. It’s the same, repetitive stuff. OK, I’m being a bit harsh, but that’s just how it is. So, I like to mix it up. I’m Miss Mix-A-Lot!
- What genre will you not read?- Yup, Miss Mix-A-Lot! There probably isn’t a genre I haven’t tried… maybe there is, but I won’t exclude any of them. Ah, I lie! Even though I like going back to children’s books from time to time (rarely), due to weird moods, I won’t purposefully find a children’s book to read. It’s all just too innocent for me. And life is far from innocent. I like to keep it real. Even though, the devil knows, I could use a dose of innocence now and again lest I become a bitter old bat!
- Do you have a favourite book?- Hmm… there are a few. It would be easier to answer a question about favorite author. Erich Maria Remarque’s books are and always will be the mightiest books ever written. I don’t know what my obsession is with them. I bawled through most of them, masochist, me. If you’ve been following this blog for a while you’ll know I freaking loved Frank Friendship series by RG Manse. Just, wow! There are many more good works out there of course..
- What is the worst book you’ve ever read?- “Lolita” by Nabokov just didn’t sit well when I tried it a few years back. And I wouldn’t call it the worst! That’s extreme. I will, however, have another go at it with my “read in between the lines” hat on. I guess… without pointing towards any one author specifically, I find the modern romance/erotic novels hilariously crap!
- What is the biggest book you’ve ever read?- The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek at 600 something pages… You know, WW1 and poor Švejk is as daft as they come… absurdity and war, what could possibly go wrong. I agreed with my father that I would have found it a bit more funny if I had served time in the Eastern block army hence being able to draw comparisons.
- What was the last book you bought?- Steven Scaffardi’s books “The Draught” and “The Flood”.. The hottest #ladlit books on the market right now!
- Which do you prefer library books or buying books?- My own, displayed throughout the house. I used to love library books, but after developing some germ ocd a few years back to epic proportions I find library books awfully unkempt and I feel dirty handling them. Like, someone’s lunch falling into my lap when turning pages is not cool. If you can’t eat and read at the same time without making a mess,don’t bloody multitask, eh? And cat hairs. FFS! And someone’s weirdly colored fingerprint. What is it? Chocolate? Shit? Blood? *gag*
- What are you reading now?- I am reading “Steel Victory” by J.L Gribble (vampires in some kind of a weird world environment.. post war, ancient, yet modern? I don’t know!), “The Title of Temperance” by Ichabod Temperance (1800s American character time travels to King Arthur in England….) and Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” (need I say anything?) Yes, I know, talk about a mixed bag!
- What are the disadvantages of being a book lover?- That real life still goes on. The amount of time I spend on reading… shit, if I used my time wisely I’d be like a proper adult having achieved a lot more than I have until this point.
Tag! You’re it!