Right… I once saw this Birthday Tag post by Inge at The Belgian Reviewer blog and I told myself I’ll do this when my birthday comes up and here the bloody day is… I used to have this satanic pride over my birthday.. You know, the whole – “You are your own GOD! Muahahahahaaaa”- thing… But this morning, I was depressed… I’m not in 20s anymore. I’m 30 and should be all… you know, an adult but I still have a lot of ‘shit getting together’ to do… anyway, I’m all cheery, proudly sponsored by a lovely tasting rosé! On to the tag!
Can you name celebrities who celebrate their birthday on the same day?
Hahahahahahah! Once I put in the date and celebrity so many ‘celebrities’ popped up that I went- ‘Who TF is this, even?”. There were Instagram stars and Youtube stars and I’m like- ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that!” … so I scrolled and scrolled until I found a few… Grigori Rasputin…. ah, Baby Spice aka Emma Bunton of Spice Girls… yeah, that’s all… You know about Baby Spice… you can find out more about Rasputin HERE.
Is your birthday a (national) holiday?
Well, 21st of January isn’t a red calendar day, but I found out that it is a National Hugging Day observed in the US…? Who knew, hey!?! OK, USA wins because apparently 21st of January is also a Squirrel Appreciation Day at the Western North Carolina Nature Center and who doesn’t love freaking squirrels, right? 😀 Also, it’s Grandmother’s Day in Poland!
Somewhat less fun, who died on your birthday?
For many years I have known that Vladimir Lenin died on 21st of January 1924. You can tell I’m Estonian, eh?! George Orwell (d. 1950)…
What’s your star sign ?
Aquarius are filled with paradoxes, they are interested in the opposite ends of the spectrum, they like to be alone yet are social butterflies, they like to experience both sides and see both opinions as they formulate new ideas with their forward thinking, active mind.
Aquarius have a ‘live and let live’ policy where everyone is free to be themselves, an Aquarius never judges others because as human beings, we are all equal and entitled to our own opinions. They are verbally skilled and very witty, they observe people and learn how to interact with others through observation. They can be masters of manipulation justifying anything they do or think. As a result, they can deal with any type of personality and adapt to any situation.
Could not agree more! 😀
What’s your Chinese sign?
Rabbit. A Fire-Rabbit apparently: Broad-minded, smart, and flexible, with unique views. Source
I’ll take it, ye?! No website has ever complimented me more than… chinahighlights.com has just managed to compliment me! 😀
On which weekday were you born?
What song was on number 1 in the charts when you were born?
Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson. Not bad, hey!
How was the weather when you were born?
Well… Winters in Estonia are normally harsh… more so in the past. My mother told me once I was ready to pop out, she actually walked to meet the ambulance halfway. She remembers it being super-cold, -20 something Celsius and the ploughed snowbanks by the sides of the roads were so high they were taller than her. She is petite anyway, but, it’s still a lot of snow.
Anything important ever happen on your birthday?
Blimey… I looked it up and in various years on January 21st a lot of important stuff has happened but majority of it is quite bad indeed… That kind of makes me feel sad..
- 1535 – Following the Affair of the Placards, French Protestants are burned at the stake in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris
- 1919 Meeting of the First Dáil Éireann in the Mansion HouseDublin. Sinn Féin adopts Ireland’s first constitution. The first engagement of the Irish War of Independence, the Soloheadbeg ambush, County Tipperary.
- 1960 – Avianca Flight 671 crashes and burns upon landing at Montego Bay, Jamaica killing 37. It is the worst air disaster in Jamaica’s history and the first for Avianca.
- 1961 – Four hundred thirty-five workers are buried alive when a mine in Coalbrook, Free State, South Africa collapses.
- 1968 – Vietnam War: Battle of Khe Sanh: One of the most publicized and controversial battles of the war begins.
- 1968 – A B-52 bomber crashes near Thule Air Base, contaminating the area after its nuclear payload ruptures. One of the four bombs remains unaccounted for after the cleanup operation is complete.
So, there you have it… I’m going to start cooking now to feed my husband and then I’m gonna pig out on the couch reading a good book! Happy Birthday to me! 🙂